Friday, January 9, 2009

Suze Orman Free Book Download

Hi Everyone,

Suse Orman was on Oprah yesterday and has offered her latest book "Suze Orman's 2009 action plan" for free for the next week. This offer expires Jan 15th.

The basics of her "plan" is to get out of debt first (credit card), then build up a savings of at least 8 months of your living expenses. Eight months is the average of how long it takes in this economy to find a new job if you lose your job. I think her ideas are sound.

She includes methods for getting out of debt and good investing ideas.

One thing that I am not sure about is her idea that you should be completely out of credit card debt before you build up a savings account. I think that you need at least a month's worth of expenses saved in an emergency account before you tackle the debt. This little bit in an account can give you peace of mind, be there if something happens, and is vital to becoming self reliant. I know on paper it may not be the best. You certainly can't earn much interest on money in a savings account and you are definitely paying out interest on the credit card debt. In spite of that, I believe that 1-3 month's expenses in an account is vital.

The other thing is that you have an impulse to buy something, instead of putting it on a credit card, you must take it out of savings to pay for it. This makes you stop and think a little harder. It is much harder to spend "real" money. If you do decide to buy the item, then you must have a plan to pay back the savings account. I think a person with a savings account spends differently than a person with no savings.

As the book download, I haven't yet got it to completely download. I get pieces of it with errors. I think that the server it is coming from is probably a little too busy. I will just keep trying. I would just send out a copy of the file to those who want it if I finally get it, but it asks you not to do that. So, I guess I won't. :)

Good luck!
Eva Lu

http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20081119_tows_bookdownload

No comments: