Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Hi Everyone,
I have been thinking about what kind of Provident Living New Year' Resolutions I want to make and accomplish this year. Of course, I will keep working on building up and using my food storage. Not perfect, but practice makes more perfect. I think I really made some improvements this last year. I would like to know what food storage successes you all had, favorite finds for your food storage, or new food storage recipes you discovered last year. I am going to give you my top 10 of my best find of the year, many of which you have heard before, sorry. I'll send you one or two a day. If you post your favorite or favorites, I will give you a prize. You'll like it, I promise. If you are not in the Cloverdale Ward, I will still give you a prize. :)

1. Costco canned chicken (makes great soup and chicken salad) - I'm sure the church cannery chicken is good too, and maybe cheeper.
2. Costco (again) precooked bacon, shelf life 6 months, longer in freezer. Makes everything taste better. Relative low fat, 3 grams fat, 3 grams protein in 2 Tablespoons. I am on a low carb diet, so this is a great way to get a little more protein in my diet and no carbs. I recently tried heating it up in the microwave and then adding it to my cottage cheese. Delicious!! It made it a little crunchy.

Good luck and send me your top finds.

1 comment:

Dustin, Darci, Britton, Benjamin, & Caden said...

Costco is going to have food rotation systems January 22-31st. The last time they had this it was the Shelf Reliance shelves, which is probably what they are again. They are awesome! If it's the same thing it was last year, they only come for one week. The shelves rotate your food storage for you. They come in a size for your pantry or a large size for a food storage area. The larger shelves can hold #10 cans too. the large shelves are expensive (around $300.00), but they are great for storing and rotating food storage. The Shelf Reliance shelves can also be ordered at costco.com for 299.99 including shiping. There is a link on this blog for more Shelf Reliance information. We love ours.