Monday, January 19, 2009

Deals this week

Hi,
The clearance sales are getting good now. I went out Saturday evening and found a few great sales. I'm not sure if they are continuing this week or not. Maybe today and then later in the week. Anyway, what I found was Target has 30% off the 50% off. I found a few great t-shirts for me and a couple of pair of Levi's for Marty all at great prices. A couple of my t-shirts were under $2!

Old Navy has a similar sale, 50% off the clearance price. I did find a couple pretty good deals on pants for Wesley who's legs are getting longer than his pants.

Kim wrote earlier in the week:
I found some great deals today. Macy's has an
additional 50% off clearance. JCPenney has an
additional 40% off clearance. Old Navy has an
additional 50% off clearance. I found some great stuff
for almost nothing.
Kim

Thanks Kim!!

I am doing my Costco membership renewal this week. If anyone needs a Costco membership, I would be happy to add you to ours. The best deal is if you split one. Each membership comes with 2 card (traditionally husband and wife), but they don't care who the partners are. So, the membership costs $40, if you split it, that is $20 each. Let me know right away if you would like to do this with us. I'll partner you up if I can.


Here is a great tip send to us by Starla. Also, look for Shelf Reliance at Costco this month. Here is a link to the items they carry. I know you can order these directly through costco.com with no shipping. Or you can order directly through http://www.shelfreliance.com/shop/frs

Eva Lu,
I don't know if this is a tip, but what I have liked is something I didn't think I was actually going to when I first got them. I bought 2 of those can roller things that they had on sale at Costco (probably 2 years ago) from Shelf Reliance. The ones that you put the cans in the top and they roll through and you rotate your storage with them. They are the ones that sit on a shelf, not the whole floor unit. I thought they were a pain, and took up too much space, but I put them together and found spots in my pantry for both of them. The labels are useless because they fall off all the time (I think my label maker will make better labels, just haven't gotten to it yet). But I love them now. I have soups and olives, tomatoes, etc. in them. I have such a hard time rotating my can goods that aren't in these rollers...it's glaringly apparent to me how well they work. I also can see at a glance if I am getting low on, for example, Cream of Chicken soup. I just wish they were smaller, I'd get more (or if I had more space somewhere!!). My in-laws have a huge, homemade one in the middle of their food storage room in their basement...if someone knows where a handier, small storage space friendly one is available, I'd love to know!

Love your updates!
Starla

Thanks Starla,
You and Kim get a prize this week for sending in tips!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I also love the Shelf Reliance products...you can find more at www.shelfreliance.com Also, if you use the code save15 you can save15% at checkout!

Brenda Campbell Hansen said...

You can also get $100 off any food rotation system at Shelf Reliance plus free shipping with the code PYPTHANKS.

Also I think they have free shipping on any order over $199.

I love your blog ! (this is Brenda from grocerygirls)

Brenda Campbell Hansen said...

oops, sorry, I'm correcting my last post, that SHOULD say $100 off any food rotation system $299 or more...