Saturday, January 3, 2009

Deals of the week Jan 3

I saw a couple of great deals this week, I thought I'd send them out to you as I'm not sure how long they will last.

First, Costco has tamales on sale, I think the regular price was around $13, they are $4.88 for 13 pork tamales. I bought 3 bags and will freeze 2 of them.

Everyone of course has their Christmas stuff on sale at great discounts. Fred Meyer had, in addition to all the other Christmas stuff, white tissue paper. I think there were 20 sheets the final cost was $.24. I was there a couple days ago and they still a lot of Christmas stuff.

I have been out clothes shopping this week. I prepare taxes during the Spring and needed to get a few things for my "professional" wardrobe. The best deals I found this week are Dillards on New Years Day had a 50% off the clearance prices. The place was a zoo! They will do deeper discounts and have a 50% or 70% off the clearance price sometime in the next couple weeks. If you read in the paper or hear when it is happening let me know and I will let everyone know.

Kohl's had some decent discounts, but I think it will be better in a week or two. I found a couple nice things at Ross too. One was a cute jacket that was missing a button. At first I thought I would have to steal a button off the sleave, but then I saw it came with an extra button. It was marked down to around $9 due to the missing button. Burlington had some pretty good deals and some pretty nice clothes. I was excited to find a pair of brown pants that fit (petite = no hemming) and were a good price $11.99. I have looked everywhere for the perfect brown pants and finally found them. Yay!

I have been thinking about how we all will have to learn to be better crockpot cooks due to our new meeting schedule. I copied a few recipes out of a cookbook I found. I will let you know how they turn out. In the meantime, my favorite crockpot recipe is on my blog, myprovidentliving.blogspot.com. Just look on the right side under the labels. Look for Thai Chicken Crock pot. BTW I saw chicken thighs (with bones and skin) for $.99 per pound at Winco, in the fresh meat area. The Thai Chicken recipe calls for thighs and when fully cooked, the chicken will practically fall of the bones. Just take the skin off before you cook it.

Sorry it has been so long since I have sent out an email or posted on my blog. I've been a little lazy with Christmas and all. And as always, if you see a good deal, please share it with us all. Email me and I will pass it on.

No comments: