Sunday, August 17, 2008

Food Storage at Costco.com

Here are a couple links for food storage that might be interesting to you. This first link is for basically a 7 day gourmet emergency food kit. I calculated it to be $12.85 per day or average 4.25 per entree. This would be great to use for your family 72 hour kit. The shelf life is 5 years. From the little bit I have researched online, it seems a little expensive, but it might be better than the MRE's I was looking at. If any of you know more than I do about this, please let me know.
This link is to a product offered by Costco that is more of a long term food storage. The meals are much more economical that the one listed above. The average cost per meal for this one is .37 per entree. The shelf life is 20 years. I think it sounds pretty reasonable. But it appears to be definately long term storage, not the store what you eat kind of meals.


No comments: