Sunday, February 8, 2009

Crockpot Sunday

For our Crockpot Sunday today, I tried fajitas and they were fabulous. I bought a pork loin roast from Winco (actually 3 in a package) for 1.43/lb. I cut it up in strips along with a couple green and red peppers (also on great sales at Winco) and an onion. I saute'd them briefly in my crockpot, which I can take off it's base and put it directly on the stove, I love it. If you are in the market for a new one I would recommend it. It has a nonstick inside and is lightweight and easy to clean. Then sprinkled Laurey's Fajita seasoning over the top and stirred it. I put it on medium high for around 3 hours. It was a little juicey when we got home. So I took the meat and veggies out and put the juice back on the stove to reduce it down. Then I added the meat back in stirred and yumm! We had it will tortillas, salsa, sour cream and cheese.

Here is a link to see my crockpot: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000065UF2/qid=1068435245/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1_etk-kitchen/002-7293462-8630432?v=glance&s=kitchen&n=284507/flyladynet-20

I just received a great link to some more crockpot recipes from someone in my missionary mom group. Let me know if you try any of them. http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookbook/crockpot/index-5b.html

No comments: