Monday, September 29, 2008

Deals of the week - Sept 29

I read the paper and nothing seemed like a great deal to me this week. Maybe it is because I have a garage full of apples and other produce that I was able to harvest from our parents' homes in Rupert while we were there. Not to mention all the left over salads and BBQ. It makes me not think that I will ever need to grocery shop again. Or maybe the news is just getting to me and making me want to quit spending now.

One suggestion I do have for the week is that IF you have a garden and it has treated you well this season, don't quit on it. That is my tendancy this time of year. I just get tired of it. If this is you, look for someone to share the wealth with if you have canned, eaten, frozen all you can. If you need help, comment here or email me and I will find someone for you. :)

So in looking in the paper for food storage type items, I did see the following:
Fred Meyer
Whole chickens .79/lb
pumpkins (cook and freeze for pies later) .18/lb
Pillsbury cake mixes .89
Pastaroni $1

Remember the last day for the Albertons ad is tomorrow - Tuesday. There were some pretty good deals there. And don't forget Winco.

I am also considering putting together an order for dry goods such as beans, sugar, popcorn, etc. I have a contact in Rupert that can get us some good deals there. Potatoes are another possibility if there is interest. Please make a comment here and tell me if and what you are interested in.

2 comments:

Busy Lady said...

I am interested in anything you can get. Food storage is my big push this year and I want to get it all and get it put in my pantry, garage, guest room, wherever I need to so I can feed my hungry family!

Starla said...

Potatoes would be great...but how well do they store here in a garage? I'd be interested in other things too. Let me know specifics.